Sunday, March 22, 2009

Switzerland Revisited

I was waiting to see if people would vote a little more so I didn't have to pick which country I should post pictures from next. But a lack of voting has forced me to pick it myself. To punish those of you who cared I picked one of the ones with the least amount of votes; Switzerland.


This is one of the first pictures I took in Europe. It was a church I passed on the way to Walchwil.


After our stay in Slovakia Eric and I are trying to stay aware of all the laws for the cities we are in. So while in Walchwil we did not endanger or prejudice anyone.

This is a little bit of the aftermath the carnival festival left over in Luzern. Luzern is one of the places in Switzerland to go for carnival.

This bridge is one of Luzern's main tourist atractions. The bridge was rebuilt after burning down a few years ago.

The castle on the hill in the background it has a little bit of interesting recent history. Michael Jackson tried to buy the castle but the owner refused to sell it to him.

This is my first view of the city of Walchwil. The town is across the lake there.

This is one of the mountains surrounding the city of Walchwil. I forget the name of it but in english it means grandmother. I think...

This is the house my grandpa was born in. It's a little bit better picture than the one previously posted.


Here I am with Christoph in the bar our great-great-grandfater used to run. This was my last night in Switzerland but I am deffinately going to go back.


This is Franz and I at the local bar celebrating the last day of carnival. Behind is the 40 person band playing some music.



I figured a video would probably be the best way to experience the band. It's essentially a marching band but that is what all carnival bands are in Switzerland. This band is on the small side but it was still a lot of fun to hear.


Bridget, I picked up a couple rocks from Blarney castle and a couple rocks from a little park outside St. Patrick's cathedral in Dublin. You can either one.

2 comments:

  1. Dude, that band is ROCKIN!
    And I've heard we look Swiss, and I guess it's true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOO!!! That is AWESOME!!!!!!!! How cool that you picked up rocks outside of St. Patrick's in Dublin! Well done!!! Thanks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete