Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Scotland!

Finally there is one country ahead of the others. Here are my pictures from Scotland.


Okay, this picture was not taken in Scotland. But I am including it because I wanted to show it to Preston and because I took it on the way to Preston.

This picture is for a little compare and contrast. This is in Scotland near Glasgow.

This was taken near Glasgow the next morning. We got a little snow storm the night before and it gave a nice little blanket of snow over everything.

Here is the castle in Edinburgh. By the time we got here there was no more snow left on the ground. It was a pretty warm day in Scotland.

This is the view from the front of the castle. I thought the mountain was sort of cool so a took a few pictures of it. That is my way of warning you I uploaded a few of them.


Eric and the sub deacon. I think they look a lot alike.


This is a view of that awesome mountain from Mary Queen of Scots window.



This is a recreation of the scene when the Scots found their crown jewlels. If you haven't heard about this, the Scots lost their crown jewels. Unlike the Irish, the Scots then found them 100 years later.

Here is Eric warming himself by a fire in Mary Queen of Scots bed room. I am starting to think that all fireplaces should be at least 5 feet tall.

Eric walking in front of the Scottish army memorial. Every Scot that has died in battle has his/her name written in a book in this building.


Eric inspecting one of the cells for soldiers who break the law. I was going to lock him in there but they don't keep the locks on the doors anymore. Oh well.

The barracks inside the castle. I am not sure but the cell may have been an improvement or not.

I hope you can make it out but that is at American flag scratched into the door. Edinburgh castle housed rebels from America during the revolutionary war.


Another American graffiti. It is the 'VICTORY' in the door. Below it is a little harder to make out but it says 1781.

Here I am looking over the city of Edinburgh from the castle walls.

Here I am with a cool mountain in the background.

I warned you about the mountain.

Only the best of American culture makes its way over to Europe. As evident by the side of the tour bus.

Sunrise in Glawsow as I was leaving for Ireland. A little sad and really happy at the same time (because I was on my way to Ireland). Scotland is always a fun place to go.




The is a gun that goes off at 1 everyday at the castle to signal the ships about the changing tides. I got a video if it. The video is a little long because I didn't cut out the first half where nothing happens.

3 comments:

  1. Great pics! I have to say, it crack me up that you think a 26 second video is "a little long" !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - What's the deal with the music in the background?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just thought it was a little long because nothing happens for the first 20 seconds. I suppose it does build up some suspense. The music was someone's cell phone. I guess they didn't want to miss the cannon so they just ignored it.

    ReplyDelete