Thursday, March 19, 2009

PHOTOS!!!!

Sorry about the order. It is just a bigger pain trying to get these in sequential order than its worth. These are just some of my pictures from Ireland.

I saw this while walking down an alley in Dublin. Just thought it was funny how the church and brewery were positioned.

Here I am at the Burren in county Claire. It's a field of rocks. But still really cool.

This is a park in Dublin. It was nice to see the first signs of spring coming. But a little sad since I now have to leave once it starts.

At the cliffs of Moher. I tried to get a shot of myself and the cliffs but must have looked a little pathetic doing it because a woman said that she could get the shot for me.

A better shot with the cliffs of Moher.


Here I am inside one of the towers outside Blarney castle. I am perfecting the timer on the camera.

This is inside my hostel in Cork. The Bru Hostel. Not sure if you can make out the first rule but I can guarantee you I did not break that rule.

This is one of the Tower houses in county Claire. It is one of the best preserved ones so it is the one that all the tour buses stop at. I took the picture through a whole in the wall in the castle. I thought it made a nice little border. That way I didn't have to photo shop in my own.

This is one of my favorite signs I saw in Galway. Not sure what the children do here but I guess you have to be cautious of them.
That is the Blarney stone right there. If you need me to narrow it down let me know.

This is Blarney House. It is right by Blarney castle but I couldn't get in here because they close it for the off season. Guess when I go back it will have to be in the summer.

Here I am on my way to the Blarney stone. I had decided to use the Survivor Man style of photography and set up cameras in front and behind me then backtrack to get the camera.

Here I am in front of the Blarney House. It took way to many shots to get this picture. Lucky no one was around. I took a half dozen pictures or so.
My first view of the Blarney castle.

I guess the best way to do the photos will be to just do a little poll and post whatever country has the most votes. I still have some more or Ireland that's why Ireland will be on the poll.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome pictures!!!! did you manage to steel the Blarney stone for me? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to steal it, but the guards at the gate didn't let me take my pry bar into the castle area so I couldn't get it. I was able to steal a rock from the river bed that runs through the castle grounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For ME????

    Oh, I hope so!

    I'm so jazzed about the idea of possibly getting a real Irish rock!

    ReplyDelete