Monday, March 2, 2009

Off to the Irish Isles!

Ok, lets see if this works. I am at an internet cafe in Köln and the pictures are looking a little funny but I will post them and see how it works. The picture with me and the house is me standing in front of the house where my grand father was born. The other picture is taken from the little town he was from.









While in Munich we stopped by the BMW museum and walked around and saw the cars. (They don´t offer any free samples dad, I asked.) On display were three of the cars they used in one of the James Bond films. You can sort of see all three but the jerk in the photo is blocking half the car.
It was a little difficult getting around Munich because there was a strike that day so we didn´t see as much of Munich as we had anticipated. From there we left to Cologne to meet up with Eric´s friends. We were able to do all of our laundry and rest up a bit for our final push in the isles. Yesterday we had a few drinks with the neighbors and they told us they had installed a home theater in the basement and invited to watch a movie. He really meant home theater because he had everything a movie theater has. Except this movie theater supplies beer.
I am getting a little excitted we are going to be going to a place where I will be able to understand what people are saying around me. My first question to everyone will not be "do you speak english." Not being able to communicate with everyone has deffinately been a challenge so far. Scotland will be the only challenge. Who knows what they speak there.

2 comments:

  1. How exciting for you! Say hi to my family in Co. Kerry if you are going to be in Ireland! Maybe you can mail me a Kerry rock or something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you finally got your camera!

    ReplyDelete