Monday, February 2, 2009

My First Experiment with Absinth

Just kidding. But I guess you can get a little bottle for about 130 Krown (about 7 bucks) so if anyone wanted me to pick some up for them you missed your chance.

The first picture is the view from our hostel window. I think it's one of the best views in town but I am a little biased. A little interesting fact, one pigeon has enough meat to sustain two grown men for a day. At least the pigeons that we have come across here.



Sunday morning we went to church at St. Giles. The church is beautiful but we didn't get any pictures. The church is famous for its massive organ. You have to pay to listen to it perform but we got to listen for free because we were there for mass. We spent most of Sunday trecking around Prague. There is a little hill there that we climbed so we could see the entire city and the view was great.



Not seen in the picture is a huge gothic cathedral. The way we planned out our trip was by walking around seeing the huge cathedral and then just walking in that general direction. So on the way to this cathedral we came across a church called Our Lady of Victory. Inside was the original Infant of Prague. At least I think thats what the sign said. Not sure if you can tell in the picture but that's the infant of Prague there. We stopped in for a bit and had the priest there bless some of our rosaries and medals. I guess I look Irish or something because the first thing the priest asks me is am I Irish.



Monday we took the train over to Warsaw. It was a 9 hour train ride so that pretty much took the entore day. But I do like taking the train. I spent most of the time looking at the country side. Tomorrow looks I will be seeing the sights in Warsaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment