Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Slovakia and some photos in review

As most of Vienna was closed on Sunday, we decided to stay another day. We walked around the shops and found a little pub that one of our guides talked about. They have a little challenge called drinking around the world where you have to drink 15 beers from around the world. If you finnish the beers they put your name on the wall and you get a free shirt. I wasnt allowed to do it though because you have to allert the bar about your attempt. Oh well, maybe next time I am in Vienna. It was cool though, the bar tender was from Ireland.

Today we took the train over to Bratislava, Slovakia. It was nice as the train was only an hour so we were able to see the city today. We mostly just walked around seeing the sights. It is interesting to see the mix of buildings around here. One picture, I am having trouble loading it might have luck on a different computer, shows a really modern bridge with some buildings leftover from Bratislavs communist days. We made our way up to the castle here and I thought it was odd that it is still under construction. I guess in a way to keep tourists they are rebuilding there old castle. You can tell its rebuilt though because there is no cathedral inside the walls.

Another picture I am going to try and load is from today. I found a Byzantine catholic church online today and saw that they have liturgy at 5 PM every evening. So we were able to make it to that. Its was nice to have somethign that is somewhat familiar. I was able to follow along although I didnt know the responses as they were all in Slovak. I think. So if my mom told you about this Fr. Joeseph, then I have been able to make it to a liturgy while over here.

Tomorrow we will be off to Budapest and from there who knows. I hope I can find a computer to post a few of my pictures. If I cant I will update you in Hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment