Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Ryan!!!

Again, I am still without a camera so I can't upload any pictures. Plus, Eric isn't around anymore so I can't use his camera. Oh well.

On Friday I decided to stay an extra day in Budapest but I moved to a different hostel for the extra day. The other one was okay but the old lady cheated me out of some money so I left. I was glad I moved to the new hostel, it was cheaper and had free internet. The woman who ran the hostel also spoke perfect english and was very friendly. The only problem was finding the place, I had the address but that didn't really help as much as I would have liked it. There were no signs on the street so I couldn't find the place. I ended up walking around the bloke too many times and ended using an internet cafe to find more exact directions.

After I dropped my pack off at the hostel I just walked around the city. I just walked in the Pest part of the city but it was great. It was interesting to see a beautiful looking building and then right next to it a building that looks as though it is going to colapse at any moment. I did take some pictures with my camera phone, but I won't be able to post any of those until I get home.

Saturday I took the train to Salzburg. It was a clear day so the train ride was paticularly good that day. I got into town and dropped my stuff at the hostel so I could take a quick walk through the town. That evening I went to a local beer hall and got some really good beer brewed by the Augustinine Monks. I met some people from the hostel there and it was nice being able to talk to people again, sorry you don't count anymore Eric. It was interesting to see the locals at teh beer hall as well. I almost tripped over this boy who was probably around 10 years old as he rushed by me with his half pint mug of beer. I am not sure if he was bringing that back for his dad or if he was just really thirsty but I thought it was a little funny to see.

Today I took a good long walk around the town. I went up the local castle here and got an amazing view of the entire city. I really wished I had remembered my camera but my phone's camera isn't too bad so I will at least have something. On my little walk today I came accross three different Irish pubs. I had no idea that the Irish pubs were that popular in Austria. I can only think of two Irish pubs in Seattle. One of them has live music everyeveing so I am going to go to that one tonight. While I am there, I plan on toasting one for Ryan. Happy birthday Ryan!

No comments:

Post a Comment