Saturday, January 31, 2009

In Prague now

We pretty much spent all day on the train yesterday. It takes a little more than 9 hours to take the train from Cologne to Prague. But I think the train is the best way to travel. We got to see so much of the country side as we went along. We changed trains in Berlin so I got to see at least some of Berlin and a state of the art train station. We got into Prague and quickly found a hotel. I guess clubs are really big here because when we got in the person at the hotel desk pointed out about 10 different clubs we could go to. But we decided putting our stuff away was more important at that time. Afterwards we walked around the streets at night. With a little snow falling Prague is really cool. You have the incredible buildings and the coble stone streets. I dont have any pictures to upload right now but I will try to get some up here later. We found a beer hall from one of Erics travel books and they had some really good food. One fact I didnt know about Prague is that it is a beer lovers paradise. I was able to get a liter of beer for 75 crown. Thats less than 4 bucks. Plus they are known for there beer here so its really good beer on top of that. I am now getting ready to head off to mass. I forget the name of the church we are going to. I will try and post some pictures tonight. If not, next stop is Poland.

Real quick, I am getting a little more familiar with these keyboards but still sometimes have trouble finding the right keys, so again mispelled words and missing punctuactions are going to happen. Live with it. Mostly this is going out to Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment