Friday, January 30, 2009

Let the 7 week pub crawl begin!

We made it safely to Frankfert and started our European shinanigans. After getting off the plane we headed towards the huge cathedral in town. Along the way we snapped this picture in one of the little tourist traps along the way. Afterwards we got some brats and apple wine from one of the street vendors. It's a little weird to see people drinking alcohol from a street vendor but I'm not complaining. After walking around the town a bit we took the train up to Köln (Cologne) and visited the cathedral in town. Eric says that construction began in 1248. But he is a liar so who knows. Got some food at a local beer hall along with a few drinks. Our table was in a prime location as it was where the waiters were hidding their beer. Every now and then one of them would come by for a sip. Needless to say we got a lot of attention and our glasses were rarely empty. By this time I had been awake for about 30 hours (except for my 2 hour nap on the plane and a nap on the train) so I was a bit exhausted. So we went over to Eric's friends house and had a few beers as our night cap. I am beggining to find out that beer is big here in Germany but I'm not complaining. They do like to make fun of what we call beer though. But after drinking the beer here I do have to side with the Germans. Also, the keybords here in Germany are different so if any words are typed wrong I am going to blame it on that.




Just a note, the awesome gloves and hat I am wearing were made by my sister Kelly. Thanks Kelly, they are keeping me warm so far.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Pat - hope you don't mind that I linked your blog to mine. I'm sure you already have a big readership, so hopefully you won't get even more inundated with comments. But it sounds like your liking Europe so far...except their crummy keyboards. I forgot about that - drove us nuts too. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete