Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Me - 1 Virus - 0

I first tried ignoring the virus. I figured the computer is pretty big, there is space for us to both exist and be happy but that didn't work. I then used software to kill the virus and that only angered the virus and made my computer become very moody. Recently the virus found a new trick. Every time I would try and install some sort of anti virus program the program would start to install and then just stop. I needed a new program because my current anti virus software can only find the 80 some trojans. Actually eliminating the threats was just not in the software's area of expertise. Glad I bought the 2 year plan with it. But after exhausting all options with my computer I finally just formatted the thing thereby getting rid of the virus. Some would consider this a failure. That losing all your information just gives into the virus but I don't. I figure it just sends a message to all other viruses out there, I am willing to do anything to get rid of any program on my computer I don't want.

Also, it is still technically the 29th so just wanted to say; Happy Birthday Finn!
AND
Happy Anniversary Taylor and Anne!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Pat! And congrats on whatever-it-was you did to the virus. I think that's a good thing, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Formatting the hard drive means deleting everything. Everything from the operating system to my best times for minesweeper were deleted. Now I pretty much have a new computer but that's after I had to reinstall all of my old programs and drivers. But on the bright side I don't have a lot of those annoying demo programs that clog up the machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow wow, you didn't have any times for minesweeper! I checked! I wouldn't have let you format your computer if you did have any best times.

    ReplyDelete