Saturday, April 11, 2009

JUSTICE!!!!

Not sure how many people were told about my first and currently only traffic violation. I got a ticket because I was driving a car with expired tabs. I won't go into the whole story but I believed I wasn't completely in the wrong so I went to the judge to challenge the ticket and get the ticket reduced. I went to court and had my whole sob story all worked out, brought an onion so I could break out the tears if needed. The judge came in about 10 min late and then gave the entire room a 5 min speech about the need for everyone to turn off their cell phones. There were a few cases ahead of me and each one was being shot down by the judge so I started to get a little worried. When it came to my turn I told my story to the judge and she essentially called me and idiot. She was surprised that someone would be stupid enough to drive across the entire state with expired tabs. I am still not sure how this was endangering anyone but I guess she would know best. After she insulted me and treated me like an idiot she was kind enough to take off $7 from my ticket. The whole process left me a little bitter towards the justice system though. But yesterday Mike was reading through the news and he came across this story.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2009020383_webrudejudge10m.html

That is the judge from my case. It is nice to see that someone has taken notice of the way she treats the people in her court. I am not sure how much it will change her attitude though as it didn't seem to help before. Heres hoping it helps a little more I guess.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man. That stinks. I have had more than my fair share of speeding tickets, and the judges in Virginia can be REALLY nasty! That's just crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if you have ever heard of the comedian Brian Regan, but he's really funny. I bring this up because in the article about the judge that you linked to, it says that she's a "No non-sense" judge. I think you'll enjoy this:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElVwfDYN-_o

    ReplyDelete
  3. This judge just didn't seem to respect anyone in the room though. She came in late and then gave us a 5 min speech on having to turn off your cell phones.

    I have heard Brian Regan before, I forgot about the no non-sense judge though. I am just thankful I didn't get a judge who gives out cruel and unusual punishment.

    ReplyDelete